Friday, September 14, 2012

Awesomeness of Bangkok Trip -part 2-


The show was continued with visiting to Floating Market, Monkey Village and Cobra show.


Before I visited Bangkok, I've read some articles about the animal abuse. I thought maybe I can see some special show like the cobra, but not some show like make fun of the animal. Entry fee to Monkey Village is about 200baht. To be frank, I will not recommend you to watch this show, because it is really bad.

The people trained the monkeys to do all the funny and cute actions just like a typical monkey show. What I could think of was how suffered of the monkeys when they were being trained. Sigh.

  

Let's just end the topic about the monkeys.


One of the food must try in Bangkok must be this one, Coconut Ice Cream!

I tell you, it tasted really good especially eating them during the hot weather.

 
After having the very coconut-ish ice cream, we were being brought to another exciting moment of the trip which is Floating Market. I expected it could be a highlight of the trip!
But the feeling of it was... ok normal.

It was started with a motor boat riding which was bringing us to go around the area. Along this boat trip, it was quite extreme I would say. The noise made by the motor of the boat was very loud. It brought us to see around the place. Got a few times I thought the boat was gonna flipped over and we might be falling into the water if the driver didn't drive the boat properly. I was terrified because I can't swim and I might be eaten by crocodile. How if there are crocodiles in the water and they attack us?! Ok. I have good imagination.



Along the way, you can see all the floating plants, boats, and houses built along the waterway. It's quite amazing. I used to watch some Thai movies, sometimes I see they can even wash their clothes right beside the river. What I cannot understand could be, what will happen to those houses when the flood comes. Crocodiles can just simply get into their houses. o.0"


I do have a lot of expectations towards the so called "real" floating market in Thailand. I've been to the floating market in Hat Yai. That was super fake as the boats are parked along the river and the people doesn't need to take boat to purchase the food. I felt I was being cheated that time. Due to the food there was quite nice so I decided to forgive them.

After a year I have the chance to visit the real floating market now. But I felt a little bit disappointed. What I've seen in the advertisement was fake. The boats of visitors and 3x times more than the boats that really sell food and things.

We were being warmed not to put our hands outside the boat. This is because there were too much of visitors and boats and the waterway was jam!


I also thought I can get to eat a lot of great food there, but along this visit, I only bought Mango pulut only. It wasn't filling at all. My sisters and brother can't even get anything from there and suffered from hunger. -.-" I'm not kidding.

After that, we went to a must watch Cobra show. Why it is must watch? The show was quite good actually. The performers there were well trained and risking their lives to do those actions with poisonous snakes. I know they might be doing it a few times per day until they become so friend with the snakes. But from an audience's view, they really worked hard for it.

Refer below for some photos:





See how they fight the snakes! It's just about 200baht per entry.

Friendly advise:
Don't ever sit at the first row if you don't want yourself to get heart attack.


-to be continue again-

No comments: